Main

Registration

Login
Welcome Noob | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Fix problem with server (SA-MP crashes upon spawn, server doesn't operate correctly)
Fix problem with server
Jesant13Date: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:43 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Edit: Originally, I thought that the problem with the server was because of the update to SA-MP 0.2X. Apparantly, that isn't the case. Since the NoV server runs SA-MP 0.2X and it works, I think that it might be possible that the script is incompatable with SA-MP 0.2X. I noticed on the SA-MP news page some script-related changes, and I believe those changes are resulting in the problems that are occuring with the server. This is just a guess though, I have never scripted a server so thus I don't know that much.

I have kept the old post below for reference and changed the title of the thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----
I joined the server today and noticed that the character selection screen was buggy. I then spawned and noticed bars on both the top and bottom of the screen. Hoping it was a connection-related issue, I left the server and came back. That didn't help, as soon as I spawned, SA-MP crashed.

I am sick and tired of this happening, and I am sure the rest of you are to. There is only one solution: Downgrade to SA-MP 0.2.2 R3.

Idc if every server runs SA-MP 0.2X. This server doesn't work with it. It has been restarted several times and the problem has not been fixed.

I know this isn't a problem with the script, it is a problem with the failed-release of SA-MP 0.2X. -___-

Edit: Here is the error message:

The instruction at 0x004697c1 referenced memory at 0x0000013c. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Message edited by Jesant13 - Friday, 2008-12-05, 6:37 PM

PecaDate: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:45 PM | Message # 2
PwNzOr
Word !

AlexDate: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:49 PM | Message # 3
General
Aight, pimpy, you can still have your 0.2x, and your sampserv.
Here is what we are gonna do.
We all must copy the GTA SA folder with 0.2.2 R3, and the other with 0.2x.
on the 0.2.2 R3 one, snipe will downgrade that sampserv to R3, and the one in the orig with 0.2x will be deleted, or saved.
Simple
Just mark each GTA Folder/samp shortcut on desktop 'R3' and the other one '2x'
So you can tell which one.

Jesant13Date: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:53 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Quote (|sSs|Alex)
Aight, pimpy, you can still have your 0.2x, and your sampserv.
Here is what we are gonna do.
We all must copy the GTA SA folder with 0.2.2 R3, and the other with 0.2x.
on the 0.2.2 R3 one, snipe will downgrade that sampserv to R3, and the one in the orig with 0.2x will be deleted, or saved.
Simple
Just mark each GTA Folder/samp shortcut on desktop 'R3' and the other one '2x'
So you can tell which one.

Or the server can simply be downgraded to SA-MP 0.2.2 R3, which will work with SA-MP 0.2X clients and not cause any problems. That way, people can keep SA-MP 0.2X on their machines and still be able to use the server without any problems. Plus, people with the SA-MP 0.2.2 R3 version will be able to join the server, those could be people who don't want to upgrade.

Message edited by Jesant13 - Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:55 PM

BiGPimPDate: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:54 PM | Message # 5
Rape You Ho's
Group: Owner
cant play samp 0.2.2 with 2x they dont mix

Jesant13Date: Friday, 2008-12-05, 4:58 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote (|sSs|BiGPimP)
cant play samp 0.2.2 with 2x they dont mix

What do you suggest then?

Edit: Tried going on again, and crashed. What I don't understand is why this server doesn't work right, but the others do.

Edit: My guess is it the server, not the SA-MP 0.2X client or software. Think about it: NoV works, and it runs SA-MP 0.2X software, and we have no problems connecting to that. That means it has something to do with the server (maybe the script is no longer compatable, idk.)

Message edited by Jesant13 - Friday, 2008-12-05, 5:09 PM

[sSs[T]TigerDate: Friday, 2008-12-05, 8:16 PM | Message # 7
Group: Removed

I doubt it is .2x since we had these problems BEFORE .2x came out but they increased majorly once it realeased and we switched.

Jesant13Date: Friday, 2008-12-05, 9:53 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Well, the problem is fixed anyway, for now.

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 7:05 AM | Message # 9
Founder
If 0.3 isnt out soon, I will be reverting back to 0.2.2r3 cause 2x was not worth shit. If anything its reduced functionality.

and btw in 0.2.2r2 the server will run for days not needing a reboot. The only reason crashes happened then was human error with available commands.
2x server needs a reboot at least every 12 - 16 hrs and the crashes are a pain in the ass.

ALL VERSIONS OF SA-MP can be found here http://files.sa-mp.com/
-I suggest you download an extra copy of 0.2.2r3

PecaDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 7:34 AM | Message # 10
PwNzOr
Thats what i did :P

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 8:53 AM | Message # 11
Founder
IMO 0.2x was a lame official server save attempt that no-one else enjoys.

PecaDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 9:03 AM | Message # 12
PwNzOr
it was supposed to fix bugs , instead it makes more... =\
i say FAIL to the samp

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 9:14 AM | Message # 13
Founder
aggreed.
I felt this from the second they released it.

Today is my Friday and I will be on all night tonight. We will sort it out then.
-I will try and get on before its too late your time Peca.

EDIT: if the functionality and features are the same in 0.3... besides bots... idk if it would be worth it... and if the only features are bots and sachel sync then forget it.

I will keep a seperate install for playing other servers... but SAMPS3RV will not be part of the fail.

BiGPimPDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 10:37 AM | Message # 14
Rape You Ho's
sry dont have the room for this only 2 gig's left so i will see ya's on nov or sae or somethin .... dvd burner is not here sad and i will not redownload my movies when i am just gonna burn em off

Jesant13Date: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 1:36 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Wait a second. How can I have two versions of SA-MP on my PC?

Edit: I installed SA-MP 0.2.2 R3 on my PC and found I couldn't connect to the server. I have upgraded back to SA-MP 0.2X. I really hope we won't have to download SA-MP 0.2.2 R3 because I don't know how to have two versions of SA-MP on the same computer.

Message edited by [sSs]Jesant13 - Saturday, 2008-12-06, 1:39 PM

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Fix problem with server (SA-MP crashes upon spawn, server doesn't operate correctly)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024