• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » Server Updates [sSs] » Server Offer
Server Offer
guruDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 8:07 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Well, I guess I'll start by saying that I know we haven't always been on the best of terms. A lot of things happened pretty quickly, and some shit probably wasn't right. I'm sorry for any grief or hard feelings any [___] members have caused any one of you guys in the past year.

When FattyJ joined the sSs, he was practically absorbed into it. I didn't play SA-MP very much then, but it did get me interested in the servers again. I've been coding for a bunch of years on and off, but it usually ended up getting pretty boring, and I had a lot of unfinished projects. San Andreas Multiplayer got my attention though.

Basically, since FattyJ originally joined you guys, I have been learning as much as I can about programming and administration of computer systems as I can. It's a pretty fun hobby, and I have to thank SNiPE for that.

I guess what I'm getting to here is that I would like to give some credit where it is due, and offer free server hosting for the old [sSs]SAMPS3RV. I know that you have officially disbanded, so I might be too late. But from early on, your clan was one of the greats, and it would suck to lose your work to history. No more hosting the server while torrenting, or losing out on so much money. If you are interested in putting it up, even if you never work on it again or return to it (or if you do!), I will donate you the space and bandwidth.

This is on a very fast network, and you would be given FTP access, a control panel, mysql databases, and say, a 100 slot server. This his hosted in Chicago, so you most likely will get pretty good pings. Here: 174.34.156.162:5100 << Demo server.

This is no strings attached or anything. Let me know if you are interested at all. I'll check back here in your forums, or you can PM me in mine, or battletoadguru on xfire.

BiGPimPDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 2:14 PM | Message # 2
Rape You Ho's
Group: Owner
wow that is a very generous offer man ... i hope that snipe does agree to this just to play for old times sake ... if he does not respond in a few days then i will give him a call and let him know that the offer is on the table wink

... thx from a former sSs

PrettyDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 2:28 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Cool. thank You very much. I hope SNiPE Will accept the offer

DosDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 2:50 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant Colonel
me too, my ping this Demo server 174.34.156.162:5100 not bad (190-210), tnx !!!!!!!!!

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 4:12 PM | Message # 5
Founder
biggrin

How could I not accept such an offer. I guess this mean we are back in buisness wink
Let me get something whipped up in the ole pawno blender tonite and I will post an IP once I talk more with Mr.Battletoad.

Guru your offer is most honorable in regards to wanting to keep another clan around, shows alot about your character. I never had any hard feelings with any of the [___] members... mind you Tiger pisses me off sometimes but he is a good guy who just likes to push some buttons smile

I thought of a migration between the 2 clans once but I always figured it was me who made most of the old [sSs] members leave for one reason or another so I never proposed the idea. Each had their own reason for leaving [sSs] I guess but that is old water under the bridge now.

However Kurt leaving us was a major big blow, he kept this clan going when we went thin the last time. He helped me dig it up again and we became successful for a while getting over 20 members and scripting some neat things we had fun making which was nice. We were a little disorganised and alot of our plans got moved aside for another though.
In the end it became too much of a frustration for him trying to make what was once a great thing work again and he decided it was his time to part. I gave Kurt a complete copy of my 3+ years work of SA-MP as a sign or gratitude for his dedication towards our group. He is the only one who has ever seen the scripts.

Back to the topic though; I am excited about this and I think we can give'r one last go. My request is to have us all get together soon and discuss this to see what we want to make of a server. Until then, I have allready made sure SAMPS3RV was compatable with 0.3 and would love a chance to play with the new features (allready have a bit). I enjoy the ability to create in SA-MP as much as pwnin sum nabs wink

I will be on the website in 2 hrs to discuss this with anyone that is around and I will get ahold of you, Guru, to get some more details.

~Viva la SAMPSE4V and long live SA-MP

[sSs]SNiPE

BiGPimPDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 6:27 PM | Message # 6
Rape You Ho's
ye bitch ... thats the snipe we all know and love to see around ... hey man gimme a call round 9ish if ya aint busy ... 6952743 wink

[sSs]Mr_SprinklesDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 7:30 PM | Message # 7
The Sprinkler
Group: [sSs]Member
this is the fucking shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck yeah we is back!!!! biggrin
battletoad i owe you my fucking samp life!!!! cool biggrin

guruDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-10, 8:41 PM | Message # 8
Sergeant
Sweet. Let me know how you would like to receive some login details and stuff. How can I get ahold of you?

I work 3rd shift, so I can only check this at odd hours right now. But whenever you are ready I am too :)

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 10:56 AM | Message # 9
Founder
I am available between 8pm - 2am EST usually daily,
Send me some details to judthomson @ gmail . com

(you can also add v_2jutho @ hotmail . com to your messenger if you want, but I rarely use it.)

guruDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 8:00 PM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Alright, you should have an email waiting for you :)

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 4:04 PM | Message # 11
Founder
Got the email, working on a new server details will be posted soon... Need to change my password on the sampcommunity site as its been too long since I last logged in.

I have the FTP setup through My Computer, just need to see the control panel.

guruDate: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 5:06 PM | Message # 12
Sergeant
Yeah I wondered if that would be the case.

I reset your password for you and sent you another email with the new password. You can change it when you log in.

KurtDate: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 5:55 PM | Message # 13
Major-General
Group: [sSs]Member
If I am welcome back I'm gonna be inactive as fuck. I turned down teh NoV for the same reason.

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 7:10 PM | Message # 14
Founder
Holy tits! Hey buddy!!
Its a mutha fuckin reunion round here biggrin

BiGPimPDate: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 8:23 PM | Message # 15
Rape You Ho's
I turned down teh NoV for the same reason.

that and you would instantly be the most dominate NoV there ... lol

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » Server Updates [sSs] » Server Offer
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024