• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] Chat » Off-Topic » Electrician for Hire
Electrician for Hire
KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 2:50 PM | Message # 1
Major-General
Group: [sSs]Member
Most of you already know I'm an electrician. What you didn't know is the particular group of electricians I'm in are regarded as the highest trained and best electricians in the world (Canadian Red Seal). So I offer to you my brain for any electron woes you may be having, big or small. I can tell you how to safely do the job yourself or tell you if you're being completely hosed by the guy you hired to do it for you XD. Or if you just have a question about electricity in general ask here and we'll sort it out.

[sSs]WaitoDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 3:55 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant-general
good post.. but let me think b4 posting someting

Before being Waito, I'm sSs.

KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 4:52 PM | Message # 3
Major-General
No worries there is 3 avenues you can take it.

1. Straight and Narrow- how to fix furnace/thermostat issues , figuring out wtf that random switch in your home does, making the lights come on...... general legitimate electrical problems

2. Crooked Path- stealing power, cable , telephone, grow op info....... the no no's i learned along the way

3. Crazy theory- The imagination and minds that figured this shit out and crazy stuff like how to build a 12000 volt ignition system for your potato cannon

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 5:23 PM | Message # 4
Founder
Group: Owner
hahahahahahaha! Awsome!

I'm scared of electricity :|

I guess I have a first noob question... Can a USB cable elctrical voltage kill me?

KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 6:43 PM | Message # 5
Major-General
Quote (|sSs|SNiPE)
Can a USB cable elctrical voltage kill me?

No it can't its very low voltage. Its also DC power. Probably ranges between 4-24 volts depending on device plugged in.

Looking at my mouse and a couple others the say 5 volts IPod says 5-30 volts. Im gonna say your standard usb is 5 volt.

Message edited by [sSs]Kurt - Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 9:42 PM

[sSs]WaitoDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 6:56 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant-general
I HAVE AN IDEA!!

" many years have passed that the professors and the authorities of my hschool been fucking with me, now its time to revenge!!!!!!! "

YO HOMIE KURT

how the fuck can i make my hschool bell ring forever and never stop?

the ring rings by pressing and holding a switch.

how can i make it ring FOR EVER!?

Added (2009-07-22, 6:56 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
yo kurt add me to msn homie,

gato_kpaso7@hotmail.com

KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 7:06 PM | Message # 7
Major-General
Bybass the switch with a jumper wire. Basically the switch closes the electrical circuit. When you open a switch up it has a top and bottom connection side when you flip that switch to the on position it connects the top and bottom connection internally. Your jumper will make this connection extenally. To safely put the jumper in you have to isolate the switch from its powers source. <- You probably dont have access to the utilities room in your school to do this. So your option would be to do it live which is risky but not too dangerous if you know whats dangerous and whats not, basically DON'T touch any exposed metal, grab wires by insulation and such. No metal to metal contact other then your screwdriver touching screws. 1st pull cover plate off. 2nd remove top and bottom mount screws and pull switch out so its hanging from its wires. 3rd Screw wire in between the two posts the existing wires are screwed to. 4 its gonna be ringing now so put it back together hella fast and run.

Edit: Those little posts the wires are screwed down to are the only live exposed parts and you will be putting a screwdriver on it so be careful.

Message edited by [sSs]Kurt - Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 7:10 PM

[sSs]WaitoDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 8:30 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant-general
yo homie.... can u post a picture of a jumper?

Added (2009-07-22, 8:30 Pm)
You probably dont have access to the utilities room in your school to do this.

homie thats no problem for me wink that means that when the jumper is succesfully connected it wont ring till i turn the power source on... so i have 2 advantages biggrin no risk neither noise

KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 9:28 PM | Message # 9
Major-General
Yeah thats why its better to de energize/isolate the switch first via its circuit breaker its safe to work on and wont make any noise till you flip the circuit breaker back on. I didn't know you had access. Make sure you have the right breaker/circuit # before you turn it off so you dont kill the lights or some shit lol. A jumper is just a piece of wire like wires going to the switch. If when you open the switch up and pull it out if the wires are long enough you can just cut a piece from that and use it. Ill see what i can dig up for a picture.

Edit: LOL O Yeah were trying to render the switch useless duh. Simplest solution yet. Unscrew both wires from the switch and just twist them together with a marette. If you dont have a marette just twist em together real good and tape it up nice with some electrical tape. Then put it all back together. You just completed the circuit without the switch.

Message edited by [sSs]Kurt - Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 9:44 PM

[sSs]WaitoDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 1:32 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant-general
PERFECT...!

thanks man

ill post if mission is successfull or if i fail u.u

Added (2009-07-23, 1:32 Pm)
WTF is a marette?

KurtDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 7:48 PM | Message # 11
Major-General
Quote (|sSs|Waito)
WTF is a marette?

Its used to splice wires together. They kind of look like the cap off a tube of toothpaste with threaded copper inside. You just twist 1 on the wires and it connects them.

[sSs]WaitoDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 7:54 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant-general
oh yeh i know what dat is

BiGPimPDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 11:45 PM | Message # 13
Rape You Ho's
rofl this may come in handy as hopefully sept i will be starting a 2 year course for electrical engenering tech since i quit my job monday wink OoooOoOOoooO did that fuckin day feel good

KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-24, 2:45 AM | Message # 14
Major-General
It'll probably be when the math starts to fuck with your head lol. Some pretty funky calculations in electricity.

BiGPimPDate: Friday, 2009-07-24, 8:50 AM | Message # 15
Rape You Ho's
ye that does not bother me too much ... it was the only thing thing that i passed in school ... had between 0 and 8 in everything else cause i was a bit of a bad ass back then ... rofl ...

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] Chat » Off-Topic » Electrician for Hire
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024