• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] Chat » Off-Topic » Electrician for Hire
Electrician for Hire
KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-24, 2:23 PM | Message # 16
Major-General
Group: [sSs]Member
Math was my best subject in high school too but its the stuff learned in physics that is actually applicable to electrical. Vector math from high school physics is crazy similar to determining currents for 3 phase delta/wye , power calculations and a couple other things. If you did do physics you'll see exactly what I'm on about in due time. The really screwy stuff is motor calculations due to moving magnetic fields and shiz.

Edit: Here's the shit hole that stole a year of my life. This is where I was boys, this is where I played some samp from lol. I figure this pic is safe since I took it from a plane on Labor Day last year when we went flying.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7773/p9010332.jpg

Message edited by [sSs]Kurt - Friday, 2009-07-24, 3:13 PM

[sSs]Mr_SprinklesDate: Friday, 2009-07-24, 2:56 PM | Message # 17
The Sprinkler
Quote (|sSs|Kurt)
Math was my best subject in high school too but its the stuff learned in physics that is actually applicable to electrical. Vector math from high school physics is crazy similar to determining currents for 3 phase delta/wye , power calculations and a couple other things. If you did do physics you'll see exactly what I'm on about in due time. The really screwy stuff is motor calculations due to moving magnetic fields and shiz.

wtf did you just say lol

KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-24, 3:11 PM | Message # 18
Major-General
Quote (|sSs|Mr_Sprinkles)
wtf did you just say lol

XD

How in the fuck do i make that pic smaller fack it thumbnail link

pandaemonDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 4:27 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Quote (|sSs|Kurt)
Edit: Here's the shit hole that stole a year of my life. This is where I was boys, this is where I played some samp from lol. I figure this pic is safe since I took it from a plane on Labor Day last year when we went flying. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7773/p9010332.jpg

nice but... wtf is with that thing that looks like a black swimming pool filled with yellow diarrhea thats a little above the bottom right corner? that where the plant's waste is dumped?

KurtDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 11:43 AM | Message # 20
Major-General
Thats a sulfur pool. Sulfur is a huge byproduct of the process. It leaves that place by the truckload 24/7 sold back to industry like fertilizer plants. By that is also the butane ball, man I love that fuckin ball. That picture is of only half the plant. Upgrader 2 to be more specific. Here's what happens when 1 oil company has the monopoly on the sulfur sales. What do you do with all that sulfur? Build a fuckin pyramid son. To get an idea of scale look at the trucks and buildings. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4752/p9010292.jpg

Message edited by [sSs]Kurt - Saturday, 2009-07-25, 11:45 AM

[sSs]Mr_SprinklesDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 5:45 PM | Message # 21
The Sprinkler
Quote (|sSs|Kurt)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4752/p9010292.jpg

god damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all i have to say XD

KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 1:51 PM | Message # 22
Major-General
Here's a screwy thought to chew on. My view on Death as an electrician. I don't believe in heaven or hell I'm a science fella. See electrons/electricity is always trying to find its way to ground. Your body contains an electrical charge in it. It uses electrical signals to relay information through your nervous system from your brain to the rest of your body. Electric shock can disrupt this charge within your body and that's why it can kill you or save you (defribulator). I believe when you die this electrical charge within your body returns to the earth as any electrical charge is always trying to get to ground and thats it. The end of the cycle of your life is the charge within your body returning to ground. What you think of that?

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 2:22 PM | Message # 23
Founder
Group: Owner
Does lightning go upwards?

KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 2:38 PM | Message # 24
Major-General
Quote (|sSs|SNiPE)
Does lightning go upwards?

You are correct the actual electron flow in a lightning bolt is from the ground up. It all works on the principal of potential differnece, which is the reason any electron moves ever. If I have 15 electrons on this side of the line | and 5 electrons on this side of the line. 5 of the 15 electrons will try to join the other 5 to balance 10|10. Electrons always try to balance themselves out and with this principle is how man figured out how to move them. Same effect when you rub your slippers on the carpet and zap someone, the electrons built op on you are trying to balance with the earth/ground. Air itself is a really good insulator and it takes about 1000 volts to jump 1 inch through air. That's why lightning is such high voltage, it takes a very large imbalance of electrons between the moisture in the sky and the earth to break through the insulation of air.

BiGPimPDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 4:30 PM | Message # 25
Rape You Ho's
Group: Owner
ffs now i have to go pass a academic grade 12 math test ... i am fucked cause i have now done that shit in fuckin years in order to get into the course ....

KurtDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 6:28 PM | Message # 26
Major-General
That happens to everyone PimP, I crossed many people in school doing electrical as new career or second trade that couldn't remember the basics. Amazing what you forget if you don't use it. Like greatest common factor or lowest common multiple for addition and multiplication of fractions long hand. <-7th grade shit I probably can't do without a calculator :D.

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] Chat » Off-Topic » Electrician for Hire
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024