[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Tha new site
Tha new site
TYTYDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 12:17 PM | Message # 1
Group: Removed

will i thought i could really make a difference with a new site much more improved and way more features than wat ucoz has to offer i will be working on the site all today and then snipe or whoever can decide to stay here or go on to the new 1
as i had mentioned yesterday happy

comment on this idea plz

Message edited by [sSs[n]TYTY - Saturday, 2009-01-03, 12:19 PM

[sSs[n]LethalDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 1:24 PM | Message # 2

Agreed. And then just move all the important posts and shit. My RP server gets free webhosting from x-serverz but we already got a domain. Im pretty sure we can use it for sSs though.

Jesant13Date: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 2:27 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Users
I personally think it would be nice to have an upgrade. uCoz lacks features that better forums (such as simple machines forum) have. Additionally, there is a bug with uCoz which keeps the "new posts" icon lit even if you have read all the new posts on the forum. You have to click on the "Mark all messages as read" link to make the "new posts" icon shut off (which is a tad annoying when there are people online, you can't tell if someone replied or not that easily.)

The downsides to upgrading would be a lot of work moving everything to the new site and forums. Additionally, the current background on the SAMPS3RV forums and website might not be usuable on the new forums and website, and everybody would have to re-register.

Overall, there are some benefits the new website and forums might be able to offer, but it would require work and patience.

TYTYDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 2:48 PM | Message # 4

im already close to finishing it im just working on the banner and skin right now i have the rest set wink

Jesant13Date: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 2:51 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Quote (|sSs|n|TYTY)
im already close to finishing it im just working on the banner and skin right now i have the rest set

Ok, cool. Will you be releasing the URL once it is done so everyone can see it or will you wait until PimP and SNiPE decide if they want to move to the new site or not?

TYTYDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 4:02 PM | Message # 6

ill release the url once im done so everyone can judge it lol

im no done yet but if u wanna see wat ive been working on heres the link....

http://sampserv.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

Message edited by [sSs[n]TYTY - Saturday, 2009-01-03, 4:02 PM

TYTYDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 4:57 PM | Message # 7

i did ask snipe....and i said i would do it if ........he wants to still use this site no problem with me

Message edited by [sSs[n]TYTY - Saturday, 2009-01-03, 5:10 PM

Jesant13Date: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 5:01 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
The site and forums are coming along great, nice job TYTY. wink

AlexDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 6:20 PM | Message # 9
General
we've already fuckin moved a thousand forums and I'm not fucking moving anymore after this new one.

[___]FattyJDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 11:02 PM | Message # 10
The Fat
i LOVE the GOW gears biggrin

[sSs]TexMexDate: Saturday, 2009-01-03, 11:10 PM | Message # 11
Colonel-general
Group: [sSs]Member
no go. sorry but i ain't re-registering for another friggin sSs site. the moving is annoying and i am quite comfortable right here.

on a lighter note, good work with the site, even though i don't like it one bit

Message edited by [sSs]TexMex - Saturday, 2009-01-03, 11:11 PM

[B2K]LuigiDate: Sunday, 2009-01-04, 7:46 AM | Message # 12
Major-General
nice.

Shadowguy's sig is a completely failure.

Jesant13Date: Sunday, 2009-01-04, 11:19 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
Quote (|sSs|TexMex)
no go. sorry but i ain't re-registering for another friggin sSs site. the moving is annoying and i am quite comfortable right here.

I am curious, since I haven't been here nearly as long as some of you guys. How many times have you guys moved?

BiGPimPDate: Sunday, 2009-01-04, 3:33 PM | Message # 14
Rape You Ho's
Group: Owner
switch sits and member base drops ALOT ... not to mention with all the work and progression of this site that and all the man hours that were put in i cannot see snipe wanting to move to another site ... not to mention shut off that music player cause it gets real annoying for ppl that enter the site ... have it set so that you have to press play ... it is an option on the site when ya create it. not bad work but little do you know that the only thing better than ucoz is your own site right now since it has unlimited space avail ... which is why i takled clans like U into using it wink

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Sunday, 2009-01-04, 4:17 PM | Message # 15
Founder
Group: Owner
I think we are better off just staying here for now...
However I appreciate your efforts TYTY, they don't go unnoticed.

The sSs clan has had alot of change over the years so I think I'll vouche for everyone on this one.

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Tha new site
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024