[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [sSs]SNiPE, [sSs]PureEvil  
[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Demo Derby Plan
Demo Derby Plan
KurtDate: Monday, 2009-08-24, 2:01 PM | Message # 1
Major-General
Group: [sSs]Member
SNiPE, I been pondering how we could do this now and I have some new ideas. I remember you telling me you could set boundries and make the projectile of the rocket car bounce. This idea is really cool and I can see the mines ricocheting off shit already. Now originally I wanted to do this in parkade at sf airport but this is a very square place. My new idea is to build a giant octagon or circle so there is many angles for the bounce. Do these boundries you make have to be square or can you control them to any shape? If they can be any shape then were in luck. An alternate idea for a place to do it would be to build another stadium at 1 of the airports but sink it into the ground so just little of top part sticks out like a giant cap over the area for derby. If you can manipulate boundrie shape to whatever, then use the roundest stadium as cap and set boundries to shape of stadium. This whole plan comes down to boundry limitation.

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Monday, 2009-08-24, 5:15 PM | Message # 2
Founder
Group: Owner
The only problem is any single player can only have a single boundry, and the player has to stay inside the boundry not outside.
IF you could go outside a boundry then the above plan would work, however that is not the case, and boundries as far as I know can only be square...

Now, I know there is a math function someone made once to do area co-ordinates that are not square as an "IsPlayerInArea" function... I dont know if this could be used / manipulated into different geometric boundries.
If so, then it could work.

Searching sa-mp.com...

KurtDate: Monday, 2009-08-24, 5:58 PM | Message # 3
Major-General
You da brain :P

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Tuesday, 2009-08-25, 11:57 PM | Message # 4
Founder
Group: Owner
I found the function to use polygon area but I am still unsure if a non square boundry can be made..

KurtDate: Wednesday, 2009-08-26, 1:21 AM | Message # 5
Major-General
Cool even a polygon will create odd angles on the bounce :D.

[___]_DeloeraDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-12, 0:25 AM | Message # 6
Man
Group: Users
This sounds like a nice idea :D

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Demo Derby Plan
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024