The Fat
Group: Users
^^nice sig demon biggrin

but yeah no move

[B2K]LuigiDate: Sunday, 2009-01-04, 7:13 PM | Message # 18
Major-General
This site is epic enough.

Shadowguy's sig is a completely failure.

[___]FattyJDate: Monday, 2009-01-05, 6:53 AM | Message # 19
The Fat
not until you spell it correctly

Added (2009-01-05, 6:53 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Luigi)
This site is epic enough.

^^this is the first time i have seen you use my fave word...epic....

+1!!!

guruDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 6:11 AM | Message # 20
Sergeant
I know that I am not a member, but what is the big deal about moving sites if it turns out to be more efficient? From what I have read on here, these issues were mentioned:

wtf is wrong with Ucoz? there isnt anything WRONG is there?

Ucoz is cool if you want to quickly assemble something, but it is limited in it's options. I'm not sure what Snipe uses for the member database, or what information is kept track of, but if he uses a mysql database then it would be very easy for him to integrate the server database with the website. You know, same user names for each, live stats, things like that. I'm not sure the options that Ucoz allows, but I doubt adding your own modules, or access to the php files running the site is allowed. If the knowledge is there, an extremely more powerful and flexible site could be made on a private server.

The downsides to upgrading would be a lot of work moving everything to the new site and forums. Additionally, the current background on the SAMPS3RV forums and website might not be usuable on the new forums and website, and everybody would have to re-register.

I'm not sure why the background image would be unusable. Generally you just save the image, upload it to the new server, and link to it in the pages HTML. Even if the same image couldn't be used, does that really matter? How integral to your clan and community around your clan are those images? About re-registering, see above.

sorry but i ain't re-registering for another friggin sSs site

What is the big deal about registering for a website? If you are getting an improved experience, don't you think that it is worth the 30 seconds it takes to type in a username, a password twice, and possibly an email address? Anyways, it is entirely possible for Snipe to link his server's user database with a website, completely negating this argument.

switch sits and member base drops ALOT

Whoa, which members are you worried about losing? Any time I return to this forum, there are basically no new posts. I understand that there are hidden forums, and maybe they are more hoppin, but wouldn't you think that if someone has been dedicated enough to gain access to the forums that actually get posts that they would be dedicated enough to return no matter where the site is at? I don't buy this argument at all.

not to mention with all the work and progression of this site that and all the man hours that were put in i cannot see snipe wanting to move to another site

I understand where you are coming from. Snipe has put a lot of work into creating this site, and guessing from the copyright notice on the bottom, so has Pimp. Why would you want to just give that up?

What if every man-hour that had been put into creating and developing this site had been used to develop SAMPSERV? How much further along would the server be if Snipe was able to focus on creating that? It is obvious from the choice of using Ucoz that the site was just something that had to go along with the server, not the other way around. The server is more important than the website for the server.

What I'm getting at is that delegation of responsibilities amongst the members of the clan is important. Like I said, had Snipe spent the time it took to develop this on developing the server, and delegated the responsibility of creating the site to TYTY, both things would progress much more quickly. You can't look to the past to make your decisions, only use what you have learned to help guide the future.

The sSs clan has had alot of change over the years

I would hope is has! If the sSs had never changed since it started, where would you be at today? Seriously, changing things is the only way to progress. It's impossible to progress at anything if you do not change the current system (and I don't mean your system/site/clan, but ANYTHING IN LIFE, EVER).

Change is very uncomfortable for almost everyone, but it is very important to embrace it. This brings us to the last argument:

i am quite comfortable right here.

This argument against creating a new site is absolutely the worst one. Everyone likes to maintain the status quo of anything that they are used to. The down side to this is that if you never step out of your comfort zone, you will never grow and advance. At anything, in life, ever. This includes your clan as a whole. If you don't try something out and gauge whether it is indeed an improvement -- and stick with it if it is an improvement -- YOU WILL NEVER GROW.

I don't just mean by size either, I mean in any way. You won't start winning clan wars if you don't start practicing tactics that you are currently uncomfortable with. You wont attract new players if you don't try out new concepts beyond what you are comfortable with. You won't learn how to do a sweet new trick on your skateboard if you don't quit sticking with what are you good and comfortable with doing.

If you do not step outside of your comfort zone at times and risk something new, things will get stale and boring. You will have poor clan-member retention as players start to seek a new, exciting experience again. I'm sure you all can think of something that you used to think was just absolutely the shit that has become old to you now. Step outside of your comfort zone and spice it up. It breathes new life into things.

Like I said, I am not a member of the sSs, and I am not even a regular. So you don't have to listen to a thing I say, and honestly, I doubt you really will. But, it is my job in day-to-day life to facilitate changes in processes to make the overall system more efficient. All of these arguments are basically the same as all arguments people have against any change. Reading this thread (which randomly happened) actually inspired me to post my semi-professional opinion on what I see happening.

You guys are at an excellent point to grow, don't waste the opportunity because you are stuck in a comfort zone.

AlexDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 6:36 AM | Message # 21
General
this isn't an arguement on whether to move or not... ucoz is temp..
most clans have one site and stick with it... why don't we..
we've moved 4 forums, ucoz being the 4th... in one fakn year.. we have been at ucoz for a while... we've been at eamped and proboards... and found ucoz to be superior...
sure, the new forums are cool n all... but as i said above... ucoz is temp....
i've registered at the new site.. well going to after this post...
im ready to move whenever.. even though i am quite happy here, as you said changes turn good...

AlexDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 6:46 AM | Message # 22
General
the new site is fucking booch let's move there!!

[B2K]LuigiDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 8:14 AM | Message # 23
Major-General
I would have to post 155 times again.

[offtopic]OH MY GOD I HAVE 155 POSTS!

YAY LETS CELEBRATE THAT![/offtopic]

You guys decide it....I think the new site its kind of nice.....But really its so sad to leave this one...

BiGPimPDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 9:44 AM | Message # 24
Rape You Ho's
Group: Owner
What if every man-hour that had been put into creating and developing this site had been used to develop SAMPSERV? How much further along would the server be if Snipe was able to focus on creating that? It is obvious from the choice of using Ucoz that the site was just something that had to go along with the server, not the other way around. The server is more important than the website for the server.

for your info snipe was working on sampserv i was doing the work here and continue to do so with snipes input and if he wants something changed then it gets changed ... but i will tell ya right now that your ppl base will not be no where near what it is now if ya switch cause everyone is tired of moving for sSs i mean we have had alot of great guys that stopped coming when we made the last change why lose more

[___]FattyJDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 12:57 PM | Message # 25
The Fat
Quote (|sSs|Alex)
ucoz is temp..

Quote (|sSs|Alex)
ucoz is temp....

^^
if ucoz is temp then why not move now?

and pimp you see that is the problem. for you information, your the only one that will loose anything if this clan moves to a different forum. that means you won't have any power over us as well. so i would like to move, IF i still keep my abilities that i have here. if not, well i will just have to smack the tit smile j/k

anyways +1 for guru

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 3:54 PM | Message # 26
Founder
[guru] I don't give a shit about the rest of the blah blah you posted but this cought my eye:

Code

I always find it funny how people think SAMPSERV is so simplistic and not alot has gone into it smile
I learned pawn © 3 years ago and have scipted dozens of servers gamemodes filterscripts etc. SAMPSERV can do anything and more any other server out there can do. We dont do a shitty Godfather mode or use others gamemodes. Each one made from the ground up from scratch. Currently SAMPSERV is 8600 lines of super compressed / proper formatted, clean, effiecient 3 timer code that took along time to make.

Im sorry you dont understand our history or capablilities and I appreciate your efforts but I am not throwing away ucoz to some new guy who made a website using a generator in 10 minutes. You obviously do not know that ucoz has full use of its PHP and HTML code all customizable.

And fatty, PimP has no power and neither do I. It's up to you all what you do. But I'll say oneting; I dont want a new site and I wont be moving anything for no reason. btw why do we need a new site? If its the design or color or layout then that can be changed. But before TYTY went and made a site it was not an issue.. cough barry.

sSs +1

achmedDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 4:20 PM | Message # 27
Major-General
no new site if we switch that we may loose some members now we caint have that so snipe do the honrs and lock this topis be fore it goes any farther

[sSs]SNiPEDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 4:30 PM | Message # 28
Founder
nah lets leave it open a bit longer Achmed, just to see what the others think.

[B2K]LuigiDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 5:07 PM | Message # 29
Major-General
I can move but still thinking we can do it later.

Jesant13Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-06, 7:00 PM | Message # 30
Colonel
Quote (|sSs|SNiPE)
I always find it funny how people think SAMPSERV is so simplistic and not alot has gone into it
I learned pawn © 3 years ago and have scipted dozens of servers gamemodes filterscripts etc. SAMPSERV can do anything and more any other server out there can do. We dont do a shitty Godfather mode or use others gamemodes. Each one made from the ground up from scratch. Currently SAMPSERV is 8600 lines of super compressed / proper formatted, clean, effiecient 3 timer code that took along time to make.
Im sorry you dont understand our history or capablilities and I appreciate your efforts but I am not throwing away ucoz to some new guy who made a website using a generator in 10 minutes. You obviously do not know that ucoz has full use of its PHP and HTML code all customizable.

Well if you put it that way, maybe we should stay here. That, and the fact you guys moved four times in one year, that's amazing.

[sSs]Forum » [sSs] News » SampServ Ideas » Tha new site
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024